Asin Thottumkal: Excerpts from an interview

Posted by webber | Monday, September 14, 2009 | , | 0 comments »



The film which provided the breakthrough for Asin was Ghajini. More recently, Asin made her début in Bollywood, with Ghajini, the remake of its Tamil namesake, subsequently she won quite a few awards.

Asin talks about rumours and her career.


Rumour has it that Salman Khan gifted your new house.
I was shooting for London Dreams when this news broke. After reading the news, Salman came up to me and said, “How do you like the new house, which I have gifted you?” Ajay Devgan and Vipul Shah couldn’t stop laughing.

Are you in touch with Aamir Khan?
No. We had a professional relationship. That’s all.

What are your parameters while deciding to sign a film?
The most important factors are script, character, director, producer, co-actor - in exactly this order. While selecting a role, I completely rely on my gut instinct.

Is Asin the next Sridevi?
People have told me that, but it’s not a conscious thing. I admire her and I take it as a compliment.

0 comments