The 'Chennai Express' Asin Thottumkal

Posted by webber | Sunday, November 08, 2009 | , , , | 0 comments »



Excerpts from a recent interview of Asin, to The Hindu. Check out what she has to say here.

bollywood-film-movie-london-dreams-ghajini-heroine-asin-indian-desi-kollywood-tamil-telugu-mallu-actress-aasin

CHENNAI EXPRESS ASIN THOTTUMKAL

A subtle play of emotions. An underplayed characterisation. A perfect foil for the egos of two singers. A balanced performance without interfering with the powerful portrayals of Ajay Devgn and Salman Khan. With just the right momentum of a ‘Chennai Express’ to chug non-stop through a journey to fulfil London Dreams. That’s Asin - natural, spontaneous and expressive.

Does she miss Chennai and Kollywood? “Frankly, I would be open to offers from any industry, as long as the role is good. I have done most roles in the South, and don’t want to repeat them. If something really interesting comes up, I will not say no to a Tamil film. But, right now, things seem to be happening for me in Bollywood, and I feel I should give it a shot,” says Asin. She is not a girl in a hurry, and some of the top directors in the Hindi film industry are in talks with Asin.

For Asin, none of the current crop of heroines is a threat. “I don’t consider any of them competition. I don’t rate myself against their performance. Most of them have been in the industry for quite some time and done many films. I am two films old in Bollywood, and have a long way to go to even be on equal terms with any of them. My aim is to just do what has to be done and hope the movie will do well, and I will move on to the next,” concludes Asin on a confident note. [ Read full interview here ]

0 comments